Back yard birds

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gdecamp

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Just tried the 600VR(G) on the Z9 in the back yard, wow! Worked awesome but not a lot of birds today! Have to leave town for a week so wanted to at least try it!

backyard010822__0051.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

backyard010822__0071.jpg

Nice sharp photos. Well done.

Joe

Thanks! First time using the 600 on the Z9, was nice to renew a fond acquaintance! That said its a heavy lens for me, not a kid anymore! Maybe one of these days I'll trade it in on the Z version.

Last edited:
wow! so beautiful colours! It looks for me that some F-mount lenses (600Fl, 500FL and yours) are getting re-discovered on z9 body. Really nice shots! I always wanted to try to shoot with 600/4. But here, in Austria, I cannot even rent it (not available) :-(. So, I am waiting when Z9-Ownres start to sell their 600s. 🤩

wow! so beautiful colours! It looks for me that some F-mount lenses (600Fl, 500FL and yours) are getting re-discovered on z9 body. Really nice shots! I always wanted to try to shoot with 600/4. But here, in Austria, I cannot even rent it (not available) :-(. So, I am waiting when Z9-Ownres start to sell their 600s. 🤩
Thank You! Yes they work really well on the Z9, at least comparable or better than on a similar rated DSLR in my experience anyway!

I'm on the bushy fringe of my city with lots of gum trees and forage for parrots and other birds. It's just been drizzling lightly and a neighbour's gum is in flower, and that brings the Rainbow and Musk Lorikeets. Here, 9 of the Rainbows were gathered around my birdbath bathing, drinking and mucking around, while a shyer Musk slipped in for a quick sip.

Rainbow Lorikeets bathing c20 1365.jpg

Musk Lorikeet drinking 2 1365.jpg

I'm on the bushy fringe of my city with lots of gum trees and forage for parrots and other birds. It's just been drizzling lightly and a neighbour's gum is in flower, and that brings the Rainbow and Musk Lorikeets. Here, 9 of the Rainbows were gathered around my birdbath bathing, drinking and mucking around, while a shyer Musk slipped in for a quick sip.
beautiful birds and really nice images!!

Back