Bag or case options for Z 600mm TC with Z9 attached

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Anyone have the Z 600mm TC lens and have a preferred bag for carrying it with a Z9 attached?

I ended up purchasing a Zemlin hood/cap combo for my 800PF, that allows me to carry the Z9 attached in the bag. Suppose I could do the same with the 600TC, but figured I would ask here first if anyone has recommendations for an upgraded bag for the lens/camera combo.

If just carrying the Z 9/Z 600 TC there may be other options. I wanted a backpack I could remove the combo from without having to take the backpack off. It is a tight fit but it works. Main issue is the poorly designed rubber ring on the eyepiece can rub on the case as I remove it or place it in the backpack and eventually falls off. I've lost one so far and found a couple by chance. It's tight but I can fit my 180-400 TC with the adapter and an external TC along with extra clothes, accessories, monopod, water, etc.

BackLight_36L_Z_600mm_f4_TC_S_Z9_180-400_TC_Opened_collage_1000p.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I went with the Mr. Jangear Boris IV after seeing the recommendation from @Mitesh. It’s well made and one of the more comfortable backpacks I’ve used for heavy gear. I also have one of the smaller versions of the Mindshift backpacks mentioned above and it’s also nice.

IMG_5879.jpeg
IMG_5878.jpeg
IMG_5881.jpeg

I went with the Mr. Jangear Boris IV after seeing the recommendation from @Mitesh. It’s well made and one of the more comfortable backpacks I’ve used for heavy gear. I also have one of the smaller versions of the Mindshift backpacks mentioned above and it’s also nice.

View attachment 63930View attachment 63931View attachment 63932
Looks like a good, robust backpack. But does it not feel unbalanced having all the weight on one side? I would struggle with that if walking any distance, unless of course you are balancing it out with other items on the other side. Am i missing something?

Looks like a good, robust backpack. But does it not feel unbalanced having all the weight on one side? I would struggle with that if walking any distance, unless of course you are balancing it out with other items on the other side. Am i missing something?
The belt is solid and allows one to carry most of the weight around the hips. I typically have the load balanced with another Z9, 400mm 4.5, and a few other items on the opposite site like in the photo.

If I have one of the cameras out while hiking I generally put my water bottle in the open space and/or or a jacket which helps balance the load.

I hiked 5-7 miles a day with the pack and kit mentioned above for a week last month with no serious discomfort. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea but it works well for me.

Back