Bald Eagle Perched on a Fallen Tree

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Looking for critiques on this lovely Bald Eagle I came across in the Skagit Valley in Washington State.

2022-01-02 A BALD EAGLE PERCHED ON A TREE BRANCH IN THE SKAGIT RIVER WITH A SNOW BANK IN THE B...jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I really like the texture and detail in the eagle, it adds to the mood of the photo.

I agree about the OoF snow in the foreground - it's a bit distracting to my eye. The other thing that my brain reacts to is the tilt to the left - if you can make the water level that would be great.

First of all, nice capture. If it were my pic I would crop in more and leave out the snow in the fg, it appears to be a distracting white blob since it's so oof, it doesn't help the picture any. That's about it, it's a pretty good shot overall.
I agree with K9Kirk only I would darken the background for contrast. Since I am familiar with LR and PS, there are tools available to easily accomplish this.

Nice work. I'd probably take the crop in a bit tighter to lose that dark blob directly above the eagles head and the dark blob to the left of the frame but leave the nice out of focus grass and snow. That would also position the bird a bit further left in the frame which could work with the sight line to the right.

Back