Barn Owl poses for "Nikon 840mm f9".......

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BorderBirder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have been keeping an eye on this barn owl roost - from a distance of approx 35 metres. These posted for interest especially of @Ralph.
Edit-6.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Edit--5.jpg
Edit-4.jpg
Edit-2.jpg
Edit-3064.jpg

Bruce, Awesome shots. Love the cool looking location. Good luck with your new lens. It’s great to have cool place to photograph. Extremely motivating. You will certainly learn a lot about their behavior.
Thanks Ralph …. It’s great being able to visit the roost regularly and especially as it is extending my normal walk. They have become my fitness trainers! I love the 600PF…

Love the “twins”, so adorable!
They have only been together a few times but will likely have two other roosts and a nest in their area. I like how the male is sheltering the female in the last one. It was a very cold morning, In the preceding one it eas much warmer and they could sun themselves side by side in the afternoon sun.
Thanks for the comment, appreciated

Thanks Ralph …. It’s great being able to visit the roost regularly and especially as it is extending my normal walk. They have become my fitness trainers! I love the 600PF…
I’m very envious. It’s a great motivator and you learn a lot from situations like this. Within the next month or two I’m going to purchase the Z8. I have grandparents duty until June watching my grandson so I would like to get it after my duties have concluded and give it a thorough workout.

I’m very envious. It’s a great motivator and you learn a lot from situations like this. Within the next month or two I’m going to purchase the Z8. I have grandparents duty until June watching my grandson so I would like to get it after my duties have concluded and give it a thorough workout.
It’s such a joy after Z7ii …or D500. Delightfully customisable, all round competence including great AF - I love its images and the relaxation of how complete it feels. It’s great with the 500PF too. Pretty much same reach as D500 too!

It’s such a joy after Z7ii …or D500. Delightfully customisable, all round competence including great AF - I love its images and the relaxation of how complete it feels. It’s great with the 500PF too. Pretty much same reach as D500 too!
That’s what I’m hoping for. I’ll probably shoot full frame with BIF to get a wider field of view. With the D500 it gets a little dicey shooting the equivalent of a 1050mm.

man, sometimes they can really pull some ugly faces. I have a few too form some years back in a barn with the faces scrunched-up! Great sighting!
They have such three dimensional faces too, don’t they!
Cool looking owls, nice set.
Thanks Kirk - they’ve been very generous with their time…☺️

So we can appreciate how good the gear is these days….here’s our friend via an iPhone ;)
IMG_5591.jpeg

Back