Bass Harbor Lighthouse , Bass Harbor, Maine

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ralph

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Taken during my vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine in 2016.
58B07D4A-79C7-4964-A0B2-08F0992369D5.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful Ralph! When you see how rugged the Maine Coast is, the number of islands, the tidal fluctuation and the importance of Maine ship building to the history of our country, you realize the importance of the lighthouses.

Beautiful Ralph! When you see how rugged the Maine Coast is, the number of islands, the tidal fluctuation and the importance of Maine ship building to the history of our country, you realize the importance of the lighthouses.
We usually head to Bar Harbor every summer and I never get tired of taking photos of this light house. A friend of mine used this photo and painted it onto a scallop shell. It came out great.

Great photo Ralph. You must have climbed out on the rocks to take that photo. I was there in early June but had to use my iPhone to get a picture, had my 500mm lens with me.

Joe

Great photo Ralph. You must have climbed out on the rocks to take that photo. I was there in early June but had to use my iPhone to get a picture, had my 500mm lens with me.

Joe
Thanks Joe. Yes . I did climb out on the rocks. I used my Canon SX40 all in one. It’s a super zone and takes nice photos. Thats the camera I usually use when I go on vacation. I also compliment that camera with my iPhone. I leave my Nikon equipment home.

Nice one, Ralph. We've been there several times but not for past 10 years. One of my most successful landscapes early in my photography journey was shot there. Thanks for the memories!

Nice one, Ralph. We've been there several times but not for past 10 years. One of my most successful landscapes early in my photography journey was shot there. Thanks for the memories!
We just came back from Bar Harbor last week. My wife , son, and I traveled with my daughter, son-in-law and my 22 month old granddaughter. It was my granddaughters first time. Hopefully we began a new set of memories for her😍.

I made the mistake of trying to get a sunset shot of the lighthouse the last time we were there. Couldn’t get anywhere near the parking lot, even. And this was in mid-October (when we normally go to Maine). I can’t even imagine what the island must be like in July and August.

Beautiful shot, though. Very nice. 👍🏻

I made the mistake of trying to get a sunset shot of the lighthouse the last time we were there. Couldn’t get anywhere near the parking lot, even. And this was in mid-October (when we normally go to Maine). I can’t even imagine what the island must be like in July and August.

Beautiful shot, though. Very nice. 👍🏻
Thanks. It wasn’t too bad. The day of the week and the time of day are a big factor.

Back