Battery Consumption on Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I often wondered how much battery drain long lenses have and If that could be part of the problem that Z6/7 i/ii bodies have with AF...🦘
Probably not related to the long lens itself but just how I use it. I have vid record button set to turn off subject detection then I use the camera to scan the brush and trees for birds for me it is more efficient than binoculars and I am ready to shoot when I find one :)

I would guess others who put a long lens on a tripod and spend a long time watching a critter like those I see in bear line ups in Yellowstone and they would probably have the same issue of course a landscape guy waiting for just the right light or cloud etc. using a landscape lens could do the same.

I can usually gets thousands of pictures with one battery. Filled up both my Delkin black cards last outing and just had to swap out battery towards the very end when I was starting to cull the pictures. Must have something to do with settings.

Back