Battery Life

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Same as every other ml camera. Use shorter times before it goes to sleep, don't jack the screen brightness up a ton, etc.

That said, I've never had problems with battery life lasting me long enough yet.

What are the best settings on a Z9 to maximize battery life? Other than shutting it off.
Lots of settings can impact battery life, but I'd start by:

- Disable the Wifi functions by putting the camera into airplane mode
- Disable the GPS functionality
- Set a relatively short Standby Timer so the viewfinder doesn't stay active when you're not actively shooting (this one can be a pain as you may find yourself constantly having to wake the camera back up to see anything through the viewfinder but it can extend battery life)
- Set the viewfinder preferences to either Viewfinder only or one of the Prioritize Viewfinder settings so the back panel LCD doesn't activate every time you take your eye away from the viewfinder.
- Avoid excessive image review in the field and disable immediate image review after each shot.

Lots of settings can impact battery life, but I'd start by:

- Disable the Wifi functions by putting the camera into airplane mode
- Disable the GPS functionality
- Set a relatively short Standby Timer so the viewfinder doesn't stay active when you're not actively shooting (this one can be a pain as you may find yourself constantly having to wake the camera back up to see anything through the viewfinder but it can extend battery life)
- Set the viewfinder preferences to either Viewfinder only or one of the Prioritize Viewfinder settings so the back panel LCD doesn't activate every time you take your eye away from the viewfinder.
- Avoid excessive image review in the field and disable immediate image review after each shot.
also do not enable 120 FPS EVF. If you are bold, turn off VR. But in the end, the battery last a long time so unless you have very limited recharging ability (no AC, can not bring a power brick, ...) I would not worry about this too much. I have topped 8000 shots from a single Z 9 battery.

Another option might be to bring an additional battery :unsure:

Good suggestions. Never said I had a problem with battery life, but am going on a trip where I will be out all date and possibly night in 30 F degree weather. Limited access to charging. I have spare batteries, but just want to make sure each lasts as long as possible.

Thankis,
Bob

Good suggestions. Never said I had a problem with battery life, but am going on a trip where I will be out all date and possibly night in 30 F degree weather. Limited access to charging. I have spare batteries, but just want to make sure each lasts as long as possible.

Thankis,
Bob
Something to think about - how much does the trip cost you. If you are battery limited the last few days, who "upset" will you be? Is getting another battery or perhaps power bank, worth the piece of mind? or perhaps a solar panel to charge (zero experience w these so not sure if it is possible or what is needed). I tend to be overly cautious so my backup have backups ..

Back