Bee macro

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
DSC04494-Edit-Edit-Edit-Enhanced.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC04497-Edit-Edit-Edit-Enhanced.jpg
DSC04498-Edit-Edit-Edit-Enhanced.jpg

Thank you. It’s a interesting bee. Never seen one this color before.
Great shots, Steven. That was also my first reaction to the image.

May I ask if you were shooting hand held? I have been pushing myself to do more macro and closeup work on a tripod, and as I suspected, it has been both challenging and fun. Trying to learn from my mistakes and from the work of others as I can.

Thanks,

--Ken

Great shots, Steven. That was also my first reaction to the image.

May I ask if you were shooting hand held? I have been pushing myself to do more macro and closeup work on a tripod, and as I suspected, it has been both challenging and fun. Trying to learn from my mistakes and from the work of others as I can.

Thanks,

--Ken
I was shooting handheld. I do about half of my macro handheld. If I’m focus stacking or using flash, I’ll typically use a tripod. I wasn’t expecting this shot and just fired a 10 shot burst.

I was shooting handheld. I do about half of my macro handheld. If I’m focus stacking or using flash, I’ll typically use a tripod. I wasn’t expecting this shot and just fired a 10 shot burst.
I used to shoot my close-up images handheld, but as I am getting closer to 1:1 I have been trying to work with a tripod. It is a whole different way of shooting and visualizing the shot. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

Thanks,

--Ken

I used to shoot my close-up images handheld, but as I am getting closer to 1:1 I have been trying to work with a tripod. It is a whole different way of shooting and visualizing the shot. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

Thanks,

--Ken
I certainly like using a tripod especially for stationary insects and flowers but I wasn’t even expecting to do any macro type shooting during this venture. I just happened to run up on this guy and thought I would try to get a few images.

Beautiful captures. Well presented. I look forward to swwing the bees come out around here, but still a bit cold. In the mean time, keeo your photos coming to whet my appetite.

Beautiful captures. Well presented. I look forward to swwing the bees come out around here, but still a bit cold. In the mean time, keeo your photos coming to whet my appetite.
Thank you. This one was certainly a welcome surprise

Back