Belding’s Savannah Sparrow

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

The Belding’s subspecies of Savannah Sparrow only lives in the salt marshes of Southern California and some of western Mexico. It’s also pretty endangered-most if its habitat has been destroyed. This image from San Elijo Lagoon near San Diego. This individual was singing the entire time behind us whiie we were looking hard for a rare Nelson’s Sparrow on the opposite side of the trail(which we found but only very brief poor views). I wasn’t able to capture him singing, but here’s a shot of him on a rock.

Handheld. Critiques appreciated. Image downsized for posting.
1683515521381.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I like the repeating three diagonal lines in this image - the tail/back of the bird and the two rocks. Nice catchlight in the eye and nice details in the feathers. Personally I'd like a bit more room behind the tail, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

I like the repeating three diagonal lines in this image - the tail/back of the bird and the two rocks. Nice catchlight in the eye and nice details in the feathers. Personally I'd like a bit more room behind the tail, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.
Thank you!! Much appreciated. This bird sat there for about 5 minutes straight, so I was able to get a little creative with the diagonal lines. My biggest thing about the shot was the crop-here’s the raw file. I guess I could see a completely different crop altogether on this image.
IMG_2283.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back