Best Capture of a Cooper's Hawk

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

fotogrob

Until now I've only photographed Cooper's Hawks from a great distance usually covered in branches. Yesterday was amazing. At the suggestion of a fellow photographer, I visited a parking lot along a bay here on Long Island. As I'm driving to the far corner near the water, I see a shape that could only be a
Cooper's on the fence-small-3719.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
hawk. It remained there for a good 10-15 minutes; dove out of site and returned a minute later when I was able to capture these images. Couldn't wait to get home to start processing them. Very happy with the results and the sharpness of the new Z180-600. Shot with a Z9 and the 180-600
Cooper's flyby Wallpaper-small.jpg
Cooper's on the fence_small-.jpg
Cooper's_3830-small-.jpg

Nice captures! These hawks are the terror of my neighborhood, but they are hard to capture. They often seem to come out of nowhere, flying over roof lines and diving into gardens to surprise small birds or squirrels. But I seldomly catch them out in the open. Thanks for sharing.

Back