Binocular AX Visio identifies bird species

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ElenaH

According to the web page it won't get released til February so I doubt there are any users on this forum yet but who knows.

Swarovski is expensive to begin with, it is going to be interesting to see how it actually works.

AI is already starting to take over. Humans soon will be obsolete.

To date all the AI identification programs have been shown to be inaccurate and they need to force a result if the subject is not in the database. Similar problem with sound ID applications but at least one has the recording for others to verify its accuracy.

I read this and think Nikon is falling behind. Their next bird SD update should allow us to identify which bird species to focus on, ignoring all non species subjects.
All voice controlled of course: Hey Zed, focus on the Snowy Egret......;):):):)

I read this and think Nikon is falling behind. Their next bird SD update should allow us to identify which bird species to focus on, ignoring all non species subjects.
All voice controlled of course: Hey Zed, focus on the Snowy Egret......;):):):)
And there will be a camera setting to select for doing that culling in post… or adding: if we shoot an empty environmental scene, the app will recommend which species would be appropriate. We’ll just need to pose our ‘subjects’ at the distance we want with the appropriate background isolation and lighting. (And auto-EXIF, for the doubters…)

Back