Birds in Flight -- Share your BIF Images

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My first photo post in BCGF: here we go!

BKF-101.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Nice photo....I have Kingfishers very hard to photograph. Fast and take flight quickly when encountered.
Thank you. They are quite a task. (I learned that some people "cheat" by baiting them into a small area to try to get water entry photos. I won't do that.) I shot these photos with a guide who knows wildlife behavior quite well and he was very willing to teach me to recognize some behaviors that knowing can help get more shots. Still, there were very few good ones from that day. They are quite skittish, and I took these shots with a minimum lens of 500mm. And the posted photo is cropped heavily.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Promappeur, message: 3869, membre: 1122"]
J'adorerais en ajouter. Un oiseau, bien que pas très glamour, pour une excellente pratique du bif, car il peut être abondant dans de nombreux endroits et parcs des villes du pays. [ATTACH = full] 1209 [/ ATTACH]
[/CITATION]
J'adorerais en ajouter. Voici un oiseau, bien que pas très glamour, pour une excellente pratique du bif, car il peut être abondant dans de nombreuses places et parcs des villes du pays.View attachment 1209
[/CITATION]
UNEvec quel matos?

J'adorerais en ajouter. Voici un oiseau, bien que pas très glamour, pour une excellente pratique du bif, car il peut être abondant dans de nombreuses places et parcs des villes du pays.View attachment 1209
[/CITATION]
UNEvec quel matériel ?

Some BIF's from my side. Juvie Martial Eagle; Cape Gannet; Purple crested Turaco; Malachite Kingficher; Yellow-billed Egret ( intermediate egret)
00616 16X11,3W D4 8453.jpg
00611 24X16W D500 0727.jpg
00578 12X8W D800 2181.jpg
00559 18X12W D4 0069.jpg
00470 18X12W D4 2537.jpg

Great idea for a thread! Wonderful shots too! I'll post a few of my favs:

1. Macaw going straight up!

View attachment 1422

2. Snowy Owl taking flight

View attachment 1423

Spoonbill in flight

View attachment 1424

Black-bellied whistling ducks fighting

View attachment 1425

And a near miss with a pair of great egrets

View attachment 1426
That Macaw, it is a really green image! I loved it from when you first posted it way-back when on your website. One of my personal favourite wing position on birds! Love the action, have spent hours shooting herons, trying to get that split second action!

Cliff swallow D850 1/3200 f/6.3 iso 720, 700m
View attachment 1428
Great idea for a thread! Wonderful shots too! I'll post a few of my favs:

1. Macaw going straight up!

View attachment 1422

2. Snowy Owl taking flight

View attachment 1423

Spoonbill in flight

View attachment 1424

Black-bellied whistling ducks fighting

View attachment 1425

And a near miss with a pair of great egrets