If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

tbDSC_2833d.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Osprey and a cormorant having a bit of an argument over who had ownership of a primo perching spot.

Excellent series! I've been using my TC1.4III with my Z9 and 500PF. Works like a dream. What AF mode did you use?
Thank you! I have pretty much just stuck with Wide Area L about 99% of the time since I started using it. If/When bird action picks up again near me I will try out some dynamic and/or custom wide area sizes too, but its been so slow at my local spots that when I did see something I didnt want to chance it so I just used what I knew lol

Thank you! I have pretty much just stuck with Wide Area L about 99% of the time since I started using it. If/When bird action picks up again near me I will try out some dynamic and/or custom wide area sizes too, but its been so slow at my local spots that when I did see something I didnt want to chance it so I just used what I knew lol
I've also made Wide-L with animal detection my primary BIF mode. I find it works well but after reading Steve's new book, I might try Dynamic or making some Custom sizes.

Great Blue Heron in winter(non-breeding) plumage. D500 and 500PF All shot at 1/3200 sec, f5.6, EV +0.5
B292D718-2334-4A0A-A04D-F31E3F80B3C5.jpeg
826DFF91-50D3-4E23-966F-17E18AECEDDB.jpeg
D0346B2C-7D68-44E8-8A5F-DC2B35A3D827.jpeg

I've played with this one over the years and even printed it a couple of times. A few months ago I downloaded a new program, Dxo PureRaw 2.0. I just used it on the file and did some selective editing afterwards in PS. I think it is improved. It was taken in 2015 with a D7200 and the Tamron 150-600 SP f/6.3. Oh yeah, I finished it off with a PS action I found 6-7 years ago online, developed by...Steve Perry. :)
10-30-15 Con Dam 200-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME w_Steve plugin.jpg