Black grouse at sunrise

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Kjellis

I had my first night at one of my local black grouse lek a couple of nights ago. As I placed my hide a little too close to the action and my 500mm was too much lens, I was still able to capture a couple of Images I‘m pleased with. As the sun rised above the horizon I was lucky to get this photo of the male black grouse 😊

9E875BE1-6CDC-456A-B4C1-7089762B3BC0.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This was the first time I used the Tragopan Hokki hide. Spending the night in it is doable, but not very comfy. But I love shooting from such a low angle.
6779FF27-ACEB-47A9-990F-31B1998F50F6.jpeg

6FAE46BF-5402-404B-8506-FC4849B94902.jpeg

Nice silhouette of grouse. Love the hide. Not sure I could lay down for hrs
This was the first time I used the Tragopan Hokki hide. Spending the night in it is doable, but not very comfy. But I love shooting from such a low angle.View attachment 36313

View attachment 36314
[/QUOTE
Love the picture and hide. Not sure I could lay on belly for hrs though, I am more of a tent guy age now!

Last edited:
Nice image. When I was younger I could have done such things. Can't lay still that long in one spot now. Plus where I live when you lay still on the ground you look too much like food :oops:

Love the silhouette! Well captured. You are a tougher person than I am if you went overnight in that hide. I am too old and too stiff for that adventure unless it comes with a soft bed and a warm breakfast.

Love the silhouette! Well captured. You are a tougher person than I am if you went overnight in that hide. I am too old and too stiff for that adventure unless it comes with a soft bed and a warm breakfast.
Thank you! I had an 7cm thick inflatable mat so it wasn’t too bad. Planning another night out tomorrow.

Back