Black Phoebe

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

Critiques appreciated!
Image downsized for posting. Handheld.
1676853440375.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I like this one! The BG colors add enough pop to the image, but don't overpower the subject. There are nice details in the feathers. I like the crop.

Some minor stuff that might or might not help.

1) Maybe try a vertical crop ( I do like it as it is now, but maybe a vertical would be pleasing - not sure). The downside to a vertical crop would be that you get rid of the other branch "balancing" the image.
2) The two partial twigs in the upper left keep catching my eye. The left most partial twig can easily be cloned out. The other one poking out of the main branch would require more complicated surgery.

I like this one! The BG colors add enough pop to the image, but don't overpower the subject. There are nice details in the feathers. I like the crop.

Some minor stuff that might or might not help.

1) Maybe try a vertical crop ( I do like it as it is now, but maybe a vertical would be pleasing - not sure). The downside to a vertical crop would be that you get rid of the other branch "balancing" the image.
2) The two partial twigs in the upper left keep catching my eye. The left most partial twig can easily be cloned out. The other one poking out of the main branch would require more complicated surgery.
Thank you!! I tried a vertical crop and actually quite like it.
1676910501087.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back