Blue Kingfisher after the catch

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi All, New to this forum and with pleasure I already read some post and with much interest (and a bit jealous :)) I saw the pictures in the wildlife section. Although I must say that my series of the blue kingfisher (not sure if this bird has another specific name) that I shot in Germany is also not to bad. Dutch name of this bird is "IJsvogel" . "IJs" = Ice and "vogel" is bird. The kingfisher does not like ice at all but the name is coming in coming from the ice-blue color. Looking forward to see much more pictures from all of you.

ijsvogel_reduced1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

ijsvogel_reduced2.jpg

ijsvogel_reduced3.jpg

Hi All, New to this forum and with pleasure I already read some post and with much interest (and a bit jealous :)) I saw the pictures in the wildlife section. Although I must say that my series of the blue kingfisher (not sure if this bird has another specific name) that I shot in Germany is also not to bad. Dutch name of this bird is "IJsvogel" . "IJs" = Ice and "vogel" is bird. The kingfisher does not like ice at all but the name is coming in coming from the ice-blue color. Looking forward to see much more pictures from all of you.

View attachment 50568

View attachment 50569

View attachment 50570
Welcome. Awesome series! Well done👍👍👍Great lighting and background.

Welcome to BCG! Nice introduction with the kingfisher images! #2 is a nice pose by the kingfisher and fish.....#3 seems to have the best clarity.

Welcome to BCG! Nice introduction with the kingfisher images! #2 is a nice pose by the kingfisher and fish.....#3 seems to have the best clarity.
Thx. Indeed, the third picture has the most clarity, this one I captured first where there was still with enough light. The first two pictures the sun was already going down so I needed to increase ISO/lower shutter speed. So I think therefore these are not as sharp as I would hoped for.

Back