Bluebird

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

Orange County California
Critiques appreciated
Downsized for posting
Walk around shot no setup

1681232656636.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I was just about to post my own Bluebird photo (Eastern Bluebird) but I'll hold off for a while :)

A lot to like about this photo - nice details in the bird, nice framing, and pleasing background with enough detail to make it interesting. If I had to think of one thing, I might try to clone out that brighter/white OOF area on the left - or maybe just tone it down a bit more? The one on the right doesn't bother me as much as the one on the left.

Very nice shot. I agree that it would be an improvement to either darken or clone out the light spot. I'm not particularly a fan of "bird on a stick" photos, although I continue to take them, and would prefer some thing else in the photo -- leaves on the twig, a wider view, etc., but you have to take what you get.

Thanks both of you!! My biggest worry was the colors on the bird-do they look right? Thanks!
Having only seen Eastern Bluebirds I'm not sure of what to expect from the western variety (even though my in-laws lived in Irvine). It is a more brilliant (saturated) blue that the eastern variety and the red is more pink than the eastern which is more rusty. Then again, maybe I've only see bluebirds prior to molting which is 100% possible since I can count on one hand the number of bluebirds I've seen.

Back