Bobcat hunting

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

i just want to learn more period, my house my cabin you decide, but would love the education, of course my wife may want in on this.by the way opening fishing is the second weekend of may. ever herd of the bwca.

i just want to learn more period, my house my cabin you decide, but would love the education, of course my wife may want in on this.by the way opening fishing is the second weekend of may. ever herd of the bwca.
I will be in Orr Minn. in May to photograph black bears and am looking to spend a couple of extra days there, but not sure where to go for the extra days. Any ideas you are willing to share?

i have been visiting the Sax-Zim bog this winter,that is about 1 hour and 20 minuets south of Orr.right down hwy 53.I've also bought a new 2 person blind and am working on how and where to set it up to try to capture some of the wildlife on my property.
I'm about 45 minutes from Sax-Zim,off hwy 53. its been abnormally dry and warm here,not sure if that will affect things.shoot me a note before you leave and I will update you.Are you going to the Vince Shute wildlife sanctuary,it's full of bears towards the end of the summer.

i have been visiting the Sax-Zim bog this winter,that is about 1 hour and 20 minuets south of Orr.right down hwy 53.I've also bought a new 2 person blind and am working on how and where to set it up to try to capture some of the wildlife on my property.
I'm about 45 minutes from Sax-Zim,off hwy 53. its been abnormally dry and warm here,not sure if that will affect things.shoot me a note before you leave and I will update you.Are you going to the Vince Shute wildlife sanctuary,it's full of bears towards the end of the summer.
Thanks, I am going to the Vince Shute sanctuary. I thought that Sax-Zim was open only in the winter.

its all public roads,hawk owl Sax Zim.
DBS_3644.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

May is busy month.opening fishing the second weekend,and I usually take a day trip into the BWCA for that weekend and the next weekend.unless your interested in that.the north shore(Lake Superior)is only 2-1/2 hours away.otherwise my yard will be one giant chirp by the end of April, if you want to stop by.let me know when you’ll be here.

Thought of one more.highway 23 east out of Orr is what you would take to Vermillion falls.off of that you can take the Echo Trail,(gravel road) it winds all the way to Ely. It actually runs in between two sections of the BWCA,Great chance for moose etc.

order of stops. Vermilion Falls, Echo trail to Ely, take in the wolf center.Then west on highway 1. you will go right past Bear Head Lake State Park, and Lake Vermilion State Park.Then Hwy. 1 west back to Hwy. 53.you are now 1/2 mile from my house(if there's still day lite). 35 minutes from Orr.

going to change out the trail cam cards soon. then i will have a good idea of whats around.plus have a new photo blind ,hopefully can get it set up in the right spot.any help would be appreciated.

Back