Bohemian waxwing = Lifer Today

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Woodyg3

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Bohemian Waxwings are very rare in my area, but this year there has been an explosion of them and I finally got 3 minutes with a huge flock to grab some quick pictures before they flew off. Here are two of them. :)
BohemianWaxwingSmall-565.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

My experience with Waxwings is as yours; an abrupt appearance of a flock of them, followed by an explosive departure. Usually after they've denuded the vegetation of food! The birds are beautiful and fleeting. Your image of the pair is wonderful, Woody.

As far as there being more of them in your area this year: Southern Bird Invasions Explained. It even specifically mentions Bohemian Waxwings.

Last edited:
Nailed a dandy photo of them! Super
Thanks!

Gorgeous!!! :)
Thank you!

Thatโ€™s awesome!!
Thanks!

My experience with Waxwings is as yours; an abrupt appearance of a flock of them, followed by an explosive departure. Usually after they've denuded the vegetation of food! The birds are beautiful and fleeting. Your image of the pair is wonderful, Woody.

As far as there being more of them in your area this year: Southern Bird Invasions Explained. It even specifically mentions Bohemian Waxwings.
Thanks, and thanks for the link, I will take a look at that!

Great shot, congratulations.
Than you!

Looks like a Japanese print ๐Ÿ‘
Much appreciated!

Awesome photo๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thank you!

Congrats on capturing a new species. And a beautiful one at that. Well done.
Thanks!

lovely photo!
Thanks much!

Absolutely stunning image. Waxwings are one of my favourite birds and great fun to photograph when there is a major winter irruption this side of the pond.

I love everything about this the symmetry colours and background so beautiful, Id have loved to take this shot. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Back