Borneo Safari

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Has anyone been to Borneo? I am going in September, and want to figure out how much time I should spend there, where to go, and what to bring (one camera and one or two lenses)....my time in SE Asia is limited, so hoping I can get some guidance! Thanks in advance to those who respond!

‘Probably one practical observation here: I do spend a lot of time in Indonesia, India, Singapore and Vietnam. One thing that isn’t immediately obvious, is the humidity. Make sure to pack gear that is decently weather-sealed, i.e. body and lenses, as the gear gets quite cold sitting inside the air-conditioned hotel-room, and as soon as you step outside, boom, condensation.

It usually takes 20-30min to warm up and acclimatise, once you’re outside, so just something to bear in mind, so keep a small towel /cloth handy to wipe things off as well. Glass takes the longest to warm up….

‘Probably one practical observation here: I do spend a lot of time in Indonesia, India, Singapore and Vietnam. One thing that isn’t immediately obvious, is the humidity. Make sure to pack gear that is decently weather-sealed, i.e. body and lenses, as the gear gets quite cold sitting inside the air-conditioned hotel-room, and as soon as you step outside, boom, condensation.

It usually takes 20-30min to warm up and acclimatise, once you’re outside, so just something to bear in mind, so keep a small towel /cloth handy to wipe things off as well. Glass takes the longest to warm up….
Thank you...I will keep that in mind!

Back