Bosque del Apache Landscapes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viathelens

Supporting Member
Marketplace
CCassinetto_Bosque_Landscapes-2952.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
CCassinetto_Bosque_Landscapes-3023.jpg
CCassinetto_Bosque_Landscapes-3110.jpg
CCassinetto_Bosque_Landscapes-3152.jpg
CCassinetto_Bosque_Landscapes-6607.jpg

Beautifully composed and edited. The fourth and fifth ones have me wishing there were no treetops, just birds and sky - as in patch the trees away with more of that beautiful red sky.

Last edited:
Beautifully composed and edited. The fourth and fifth ones have me wishing there were no treetops, just birds and sky - as in patch the trees away with more of that beautiful red sky.

What you said about the trees is interesting to me. In my mind the trees play a role in anchoring the birds and sky and give a sort of perspective about the story that is happening. What do you think about that?

What you said about the trees is interesting to me. In my mind the trees play a role in anchoring the birds and sky and give a sort of perspective about the story that is happening. What do you think about that?

Focusing on number 4, to me they are a distraction drawing the eye away from the area of emphasis, made more distracting by being partial and on the edge of the frame. To me I love the way the curving clouds almost mirror each other to enclose the birds, and the reds of the sky frame those out. That's why I would patch rather than crop, to keep the reds on the bottom.

Definitely one to offer for sale, to my eye.

For number 5 the area of emphasis is the bird silhouette with the wingtip just at the tangent of the cloud line, beautiful sky behind, the trees pull the eye away from the simplicity of that.

Also a strong keeper in my view.

Last edited:
For number 5 the area of emphasis is the bird silhouette with the wingtip just at the tangent of the cloud line, beautiful sky behind, the trees pull the eye away from the simplicity of that.

Also a strong keeper in my view.

Thanks for the response. I might try both shots differently and see what I think...a little help from PS will fill in the blanks...Ha! Ha!

Back