Brown-headed Cowbirds

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

lukemeup

Random fact - they do not nest & instead produce up to 3 dozen eggs each summer that they lay in other birds' nests.

cow-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
cow-2.jpg
cow-3.jpg

So true on them laying their eggs in other nests. But have you sat and listened to them??? I have a few pair in my yard daily. Their songs are beautiful! Very vocal birds, even if they aren't the best "parents". Love the shots. (My official first post on this forum).

So true on them laying their eggs in other nests. But have you sat and listened to them??? I have a few pair in my yard daily. Their songs are beautiful! Very vocal birds, even if they aren't the best "parents". Love the shots. (My official first post on this forum).

It's amazing how many vocalizations they have. At a marsh where these were taken there were ~10 of them + another group of red-winged blackbirds. Imagine the soundscape. :)

Welcome to BCG! Glad to have you join us!

Back