Burrowing Owls and Wyoming Spring Weather

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DRwyoming

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Spent some time over the last couple of days with some Western Burrowing Owls in typical Wyoming spring weather which means a bit of everything from hot sun to sunset, then cold wind and snow the next day.

#1 Just after Sunset the first evening this little guy jumped up on nearby sagebrush and gave me this pose as light levels dropped fast
Z81_3649--20240415-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

#2 Managed a few takeoff shots but I liked the way he flew towards me in this shot
Z81_4254--20240416-Edit.jpg

#3 This pair did me the favor of lining up at almost the same distance making it a lot easier to keep them both in reasonable focus
Z81_2231--20240418-Edit-2.jpg

#4 I love the eyes on these small owls that just seem to stare right through you
Z81_4309--20240416.jpg

#5 Cold snowy morning near the burrow
Z81_7191--20240418-Edit.jpg

#6 Was happy when this guy perched near me on the snowy sagebrush
Z81_8693--20240418.jpg

#7 Close range fly by...
Z81_2455--20240418.jpg

#8 This guy was sitting so still I decided to try to motion blur the snow with a slow shutter speed...
Z81_7879--20240418.jpg

Spent some time over the last couple of days with some Western Burrowing Owls in typical Wyoming spring weather which means a bit of everything from hot sun to sunset, then cold wind and snow the next day.

#1 Just after Sunset the first evening this little guy jumped up on nearby sagebrush and gave me this pose as light levels dropped fast
View attachment 87152

#2 Managed a few takeoff shots but I liked the way he flew towards me in this shot
View attachment 87153

#3 This pair did me the favor of lining up at almost the same distance making it a lot easier to keep them both in reasonable focus
View attachment 87157

#4 I love the eyes on these small owls that just seem to stare right through you
View attachment 87155

View attachment 87156

View attachment 87154

#7 Close range fly by...
View attachment 87158

#8 This guy was sitting so still I decided to try to motion blur the snow with a slow shutter speed...
View attachment 87159
Beautiful set Dave! Well done!👍👍👍

Green images, all of them, 😻 😍 especially the #7 which is one of my favorite wing positions! Though I would hate that weather, it helped to created very lovely images, Dave!

View attachment 87152

View attachment 87153

View attachment 87157

View attachment 87155

View attachment 87156

View attachment 87154

#7 Close range fly by...
View attachment 87158

View attachment 87159
Nice set Dave! My favorite is #1. The lighting and composition really stand out!

Back