Busy Birds

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We have many birdhouses around our house. Many of them are occupied at any given time. There are some nesting Sparrow pairs in the large maple tree in out backyard. I can sit on a nice chair with camera in hand and captuure photos of their activities. One of those activities has been prominent of late and here are a few photos to show. All shots 30.3mp square crops.

BusySparrows_001.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

BusySparrows_002.jpg

BusySparrows_003.jpg

BusySparrows_004.jpg

I have two houses. I try my best to spook every House Sparrow I see. They took over one from my Bluebirds and pretty sure they killed the babies they Bluebirds had in the second house a couple of weeks ago before they could fledge. I saw a male come from the house. When I checked it a little later, it was cleaned out, except for the nest.

Nice pics, but I hate the House Sparrows.

I have two houses. I try my best to spook every House Sparrow I see. They took over one from my Bluebirds and pretty sure they killed the babies they Bluebirds had in the second house a couple of weeks ago before they could fledge. I saw a male come from the house. When I checked it a little later, it was cleaned out, except for the nest.

Nice pics, but I hate the House Sparrows.
Agree they are a real pain. Our neighbor was able to keep them away from the bluebird mest. We also have finches nesting in a couple of our hanging decorations which the sparrows do not bother, plus wrens in the tiny houses where the sparrows do not fit.

Back