Butterflies

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Cas1234

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Taken with D40X 18-200mm f3.5
untitled-20100918-IMG_00024-164.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
untitled-20100918-IMG_00024-28.jpg
untitled-20100918-IMG_00024-182.jpg
untitled-20100918-IMG_00024-178.jpg
untitled-20100918-IMG_00024-38.jpg

Really nice, these !
In image 1 and 3 the focus seems to be behind eye level. Not knowing about the settings you used - nor the settings to choose from on a D40X - I am sure this will improve with the D7500, as it is a much better "weapon" in terms of AF capability and I think you'll love it. I've been shooting a D7200 using the same AF system as the D7500 and it was the best I had so far, before getting my D850, especially because of the excellent frame coverage of the 51 AF sensors. It makes it easy to compose the image while filling the frame and most likely having enough coverage to put the focus point whereever you want it. If you like this kind of shooting try to get hands on a 70-200 f4G or a 300PF and some extension rings ... :love:(y). I found both great for shooting close-ups with the DX body at that time. CONTINUE ENJOYING !!!

Really nice, these !
In image 1 and 3 the focus seems to be behind eye level. Not knowing about the settings you used - nor the settings to choose from on a D40X - I am sure this will improve with the D7500, as it is a much better "weapon" in terms of AF capability and I think you'll love it. I've been shooting a D7200 using the same AF system as the D7500 and it was the best I had so far, before getting my D850, especially because of the excellent frame coverage of the 51 AF sensors. It makes it easy to compose the image while filling the frame and most likely having enough coverage to put the focus point whereever you want it. If you like this kind of shooting try to get hands on a 70-200 f4G or a 300PF and some extension rings ... :love:(y). I found both great for shooting close-ups with the DX body at that time. CONTINUE ENJOYING !!!
Thanks for the advise. I was sad to see the focus was out of range, however I have learned a lot since those were taken and will try not to make that mistake in the future. I have retired the D40X, my wife has decided she will continue to use the D40X vs learn all the nuances of the D7500. I will check out the two lenses suggested. Thanks again.

Back