Camera/Lens Options for 10 year old

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My daughter currently uses an A6000 with the 70-210 lens and a 1.7x converter on the front. It's not the best performer, but it's very lite(about 1lb for the lens and converter) I've considered selling her APS-C Sony stuff to fund a Canon RP and 600mm F/11 or getting the new Sigma 100-400 for e-mount and keeping her A6000(or letting her use my A9). The Sigma lens is about half a pound heavier than the prime, but will give her almost 2 stops and lets her zoom in and out to find her subject. I think anything heavier than the Sigma would be too much weight for her. The Sigma lens is 949 and the combined Canon RP + 600mm would be about 1700. We shoot mostly wetlands birds, but we'll also be setting up some feeders for smaller backyard birds for her to practice with. Any other suggestions for similar aged kids?

SHe has access to a D600, an A9 and an A6000 for bodies at the moment. I use the D850.

Back