Can’t turn off Self timer

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Bob L

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have a fairly new to me Z9, I turned on self timer to take some lunar pictures, not I can not deactivate the timer. Brain fart I guess. Any help here world be appreciated.

I have a fairly new to me Z9, I turned on self timer to take some lunar pictures, not I can not deactivate the timer. Brain fart I guess. Any help here world be appreciated.
Press the little release button and spin the knob on the top left of the camera for your desired frame release mode.

Press the little release button and spin the knob on the top left of the camera for your desired frame release mode.
Dave, I have done that. The camera will not respond, the DLY icon on the screen won't go away. I went so far as to save my menu settings, reset the camera, reloaded the settings, and it's still in self timer mode. I can not shut it off.

Also, since I saved the menu before resetting, I assume the faulty timer item is reloaded, so it resets to the inability to turn off. If I reset, and then use factory settings, the timer works as expected. Now I just have to redo all my custom settings. Luckily I filled out Steve's recent worksheet with my custom settings.

Any help here?

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 17.40.19.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 17.39.32.jpg

Also, since I saved the menu before resetting, I assume the faulty timer item is reloaded, so it resets to the inability to turn off. If I reset, and then use factory settings, the timer works as expected. Now I just have to redo all my custom settings. Luckily I filled out Steve's recent worksheet with my custom settings.
As posted above are you certain you don't have Exposure Delay enabled via menu item d6? That's different than the self timer that's activated by the control knob.

As posted above are you certain you don't have Exposure Delay enabled via menu item d6? That's different than the self timer that's activated by the control knob.
Palouse, that was the problem. Thank you so much for your assistance. Thank you, thank you! And thank you to all the members who helped. This is one of the biggest reasons I am a member here. All you folks are so knowledgeable and friendly. Steve started a great forum. Bob

Back