Canon R5ii & R1 : Orders being taken.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

That seems very counter intuitive to me - if you are spot metering and move the focus point to the eye, Canon mid-range cameras (?) still spot meter off the center of the grid. I would think this means you should be mindful of light/shadow changes between the center and the selected eye.

I believe he said certain of Canon's top models can meter off of the AF point?? He was unsure whether the R5 II would be able to meter off of the selected AF point or not?

As i mentioned, in evaluative (matrix) metering there is weight given to the confirmed AF point but in context of what the whole scene is doing. It's not that they can't do it with the spot meter, they must think doing it in the center is better. I think the canon logic is the spot meter is a measuring tool to judge exposure rather than always wanting the spot under the focus point to be the average exposure for the whole scene. Of course there is also EC.

Shipment is now inbound to Park Cameras in the UK and I'm informed my camera will be one of those. It will be a battle royale between R5, R5ii, Z9, and Z8 in the household. I had a run in a nature reserve this morning with both R5 and 100-500 and a Z8 with 600mm f4 Z. Best results, objectively speaking, with Canon.

Back