Cape Bunting

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi guys, this is my first post here! I am sharing this picture of a Cape Bunting I took back in August. The Cape bunting is a small bird that is found in various spots all over the Western Cape province in South Africa and really entertaining to watch as they hop around and feeds on seeds they find on the ground.
Hope you like this picture and that we can have good conversations about nature photography on this forum in the future!

DSC_2886-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Attachments

• DSC_2886-Edit.jpg
    DSC_2886-Edit.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 117
Hi guys, this is my first post here! I am sharing this picture of a Cape Bunting I took back in August. The Cape bunting is a small bird that is found in various spots all over the Western Cape province in South Africa and really entertaining to watch as they hop around and feeds on seeds they find on the ground.
Hope you like this picture and that we can have good conversations about nature photography on this forum in the future!

View attachment 11420
Hi CallieRhino.

Great composition and shot. I for one am always interested in the equipment used and the settings :)

JIM

Baie mooi! Very nice image. This little beauty reminds me of some of the sparrows we see here in North America, especially the White-throated Sparrow.

Last edited:
Buntings are my favourite family of birds, I've never seen one of these and that is one beautiful shot to introduce me to them! I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Back