If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Winston Churchill (Sir)

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We had horrific flooding and rather bad storms, spring tide and wind in Cape Town this past weekend. I managed to get a good spot to watch the waves break at the lighthouse - but I needed to "see"over the hedge. Hence the vehicle - My vehicle has a roof top conversion (not a rooftop tent) where I would sit looking out the back - out of the rain, unobstructed view - and shoot for several hours.

230925 Kalb Bay 085.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

230925 Kalb Bay 059.jpg

230925 Kalb Bay 094.jpg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-25 at 09.11.36.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-25 at 09.11.36.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 143
Awesome shots! Especially the second one for me. The colors and Power of the wave show greatly. Terrific set! Glad you were snug in tour vehicle. Nice advantage.
Thanks Annamaria - I appreciate you looking and commenting.
Those are awesome! Nicely done.
Thank you for looking and commenting

These are very cool—but I am glad I am viewing them from my couch!
😂 Thank you - and you are not wrong 😂

We had horrific flooding and rather bad storms, spring tide and wind in Cape Town this past weekend. I managed to get a good spot to watch the waves break at the lighthouse - but I needed to "see"over the hedge. Hence the vehicle - My vehicle has a roof top conversion (not a rooftop tent) where I would sit looking out the back - out of the rain, unobstructed view - and shoot for several hours.

View attachment 70467

View attachment 70468

View attachment 70469
Sublime shots, Elsa, I love each one of these.

Oliver

wow, Elsa, these are spectacular.
It reminds me of the famous lighthouse keeper standing in the door with huge wave crashing into rear of lighthouse taken by Jean Guichard. All yours needs is a manaquin in front of the door…

Here is an interesting article around that famous shot.

View attachment 70467

View attachment 70468

View attachment 70469
Awesome shots 👍👍👍 Well done Isa!

wow, Elsa, these are spectacular.
It reminds me of the famous lighthouse keeper standing in the door with huge wave crashing into rear of lighthouse taken by Jean Guichard. All yours needs is a manaquin in front of the door…

Here is an interesting article around that famous shot.
God grief - I forgot about that one. Next level... Thanks for the link. and thank you for your kind comment.
Awesome shots 👍👍👍 Well done Isa!
Thanks Ralph! That is very kind of you.

View attachment 70467

View attachment 70468

View attachment 70469
Wowser, stunning series Elsa