Carbon fiber monopod and tilt head for under $200?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ok, now I‘m rethinking my decision. I’m now leaning towards a Gitzo GM2542 and the RRS monopod head. Good combination? I’ve tried the Wimberley monopod gimbal in the past and it was not to my liking.
I would pick the leofoto MPQ-404C if you are from USA. 150 USD, super solid. Their sidekick head from monopods looks great too. I have decided just to use a simple arca clamp. it's much quicker to mount that way.

Here's the setup I went with, actually for both items I paid $60 :) I love it, but I also don't own any super big telephotos (200-500, 180-600 planned for spring).

I opted for the aluminum one due to finding one "used" (although it appeared to be brand new to me) from B&H at a great price. Negligible weight difference. But you can easily swap for carbon fiber of course.

My setup:
Oben CTM-2600 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod (aluminum)
Oben VH-R2 Tilt Head for Monopods

You can go for the carbon fiber model and fancier tilt head, and still be well under $200:
Oben CTM-2500 5-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with VH-A30 Tilt Monopod Head Kit

Back