Case or protector for Nikon 1.4 and 2.0 TC's?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Carmel Nikon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Has anyone found a case or sleeve (nothing fancy, neoprene will do) to keep Nikon 1.4 and 2.0 teleconverters from clinking together in our bags? I'm using old lens sacks, but they're not a great solve. Thought I saw mention of one somewhere, but searched everywhere and came up empty. I've seen LensCoat covers, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Less critical but still helpful - if there is something to protect an FTZ II, that would be awesome as well.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts, thank you!

I use a camera bag with dividers. Drop the tele in an open place. Done. Otherwise it is in a lightweight draw string bag. Nothing fancy. They don't need a lot of protection.

Has anyone found a case or sleeve (nothing fancy, neoprene will do) to keep Nikon 1.4 and 2.0 teleconverters from clinking together in our bags? I'm using old lens sacks, but they're not a great solve. Thought I saw mention of one somewhere, but searched everywhere and came up empty. I've seen LensCoat covers, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Less critical but still helpful - if there is something to protect an FTZ II, that would be awesome as well.

In the field Steve uses the Running Buddy pouch but you have to leave the covers off for Nikon TCs and both are a really tight fi….i almost always have cargo shorts and just put them in the pocket or in my vest pockets 8f it’s cool enough to wear that. In the backpack…I just use small cloths to wrap around them for traveling.

There is a workroom next to my studio and they make me these pouches to fit everything I own, basically. 2mm neoprene and velcro closure. This one is probably 5x6x2 and I think they charged me $24.

Studio Session-566.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thank you, all for your thoughts and ideas. Nimi, your workshop friends have the best looking ones! The OpTech was what I remember seeing, and that will fit the bill, both for Z and also my F teleconverter. Soon they'll be as snug as the lenses they visit with on my camera. :)

Much appreciated! (y)

*** UPDATE ***

I received my OpTech pouches and they fit the 1.4 and 2.0 TC's perfectly. Exactly what I was hoping for. Now they can bounce around in my gear closet or bag and be safe, plus be easily distinguished vs lenses (not the case if I put them into old Nikon lens sacks). And they were fairly cheap. Great solve - thank you!

Last edited:
As odd as this might sound, I found a cheap case for a GoPro Hero 5 on Aliexpress (currently going for $2 + another $1.17 US for shipping) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000768533662.html - works great for the smaller TCs - 1.4x and 1.7x. The 2x TCs are just too large for this case.

The hard case provides a decent level of protection and I've lined them with some foam strips so that TC fits tightly in the case and won't rock around.

NOTE> This case works great for F-mount TCs. I don't have any Z-mount equipment so I can't say if the same holds for Z-mount TCs.

I'm using the cloth bag that used to come with some lenses. I also use the neoprene pouch that came with my RRS ballhead. These teleconverters are pretty simple - I'm probably more likely to use my pocket than anything else.

I use neoprene lens pouches and use a different color of tape on the draw strings for the one holding the 2x TC. I use a cloth pouch for the FTZ adapter that is used a great deal less and only with my PCE tilt shift lenses.

Depending on circumstances: I put my TCs in slots in my photo backpack (usually a Mindshift Backlight 36L), particularly while traveling. In the field, I tend to put them in the pockets of a photo vest (with a soft cloth bag around each of them) or in small Lowepro lens cases that I put on a belt around my waist.

Back