Cataracts & Photography #2

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I should add that for me with the Eyehance the field of view is roughly 4ft to infinity. I can see closeup but it’s not sharp but doubled and somewhat out of focus. But no real halos to speak of and clarity is good and very little astigmatism. I haven’t gotten my final prescription yet but it looks like it’ll just be readers or something for intermediate and distance when I want that.

I had cataract surgery 6 years ago and was thrilled with my new eyes right away. Now 6 years later I went to the same doctor to ask why my sight was getting worse. It seems you can develop a membrane around the lens. It makes reading the crawl on the tv fuzzier. I'm going to have that cleaned up with an in office laser procedure in a few weeks. He expects me to be back to 20/20 in that eye again.
Vinny

I had cataract surgery 6 years ago and was thrilled with my new eyes right away. Now 6 years later I went to the same doctor to ask why my sight was getting worse. It seems you can develop a membrane around the lens. It makes reading the crawl on the tv fuzzier. I'm going to have that cleaned up with an in office laser procedure in a few weeks. He expects me to be back to 20/20 in that eye again.
Vinny
I guess this is pretty common if you have them done early in life.

Here's another little tidbit: If anyone is on Flow Max for your old man pee problems, it can wreak havoc with cataract surgery. It makes your lens less rigid and can cause problems with dilation. Special care must be taken during surgery. It's critical the doctor knows this ahead of time.

Vinny
Yeah, secondary cataracts are apparently common. There are different types of initial cataracts and they told me some are more susceptible to that membrane scar tissue than others. My brother had to have the YAG fairly quickly like I will. My mom went a few years before needing it.

I guess this is pretty common if you have them done early in life.

Here's another little tidbit: If anyone is on Flow Max for your old man pee problems, it can wreak havoc with cataract surgery. It makes your lens less rigid and can cause problems with dilation. Special care must be taken during surgery. It's critical the doctor knows this ahead of time.
I have had the laser procideure done and it cleared up the fogginess immediately. Went to the office, the Dr. checked it out and did the laser procedure 30 minutes later. I had to hang around for an hour so the whole event from checkin to out the door was under 3 hours. My vision wasclear immediately and I drove home. No problems yet with the other eye.

Back