CF Express Confusion - Nikon Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have used Sony and Lexar XQD cards initially in my Z9, and now use Delkin CFe cards. Black ones to start, and now I am using a 1Tb G4 Power in my Z9 and a 512 Gb G4 Power in my D850. No problems with any of the cards.

I use Cfe cards from Delkin, Promaster, Lexar and Sony with absolutely no trouble. I also use XQD cards from several brands. My best advice is to stay away from the cheap junk and make sure you have cards with high sustained write speeds that can keep up with you Z8. Also, be sure to get a good reader with fast read and transfer speeds which uses TB3 (at least). Best of luck.
thank you ... I ended up getting one Sony and 2 ProGrade to start with ... readers are hard to find, I got one Xcellon that doesn't seem to be that great so I ordered a Lexar to see how that is.

while it certainly won’t be a warranty issue, i think it is possible that in certain cases if you have a card related issue it could be a hassle if you needed service with a card related issue

i had a problem with my isp a number if years ago and i had long since replaced the lousy isp provided router with a better one

but basically they insisted i use their router during the troubleshooting period so i had to dig it out of the garage and install it because it was on their support checklist

that type of thing could happen

that said, i don’t even _have_ one of the “supported” cards, and i very much trust delkin and prograde and i have no intention to change. worst case if it ever became an issue i could always get a card at that time

and usually you don’t send the card with the camera for service
thank you, John ... I bought 2 additional CF Express cards (Prograde) ... hopefully, all will work fine and none get stuck and have to go to Nikon

Back