Chinese spy balloon shot down

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

@gdecamp - Outstanding capture , if as you say that it is indeed a 100% legit shot then there could possibly be a lot of News teams queueing up to ""PURCHASE"" that shot .. strike while the iron is hot it could turn out to be a nicer little earner ...

Harry.G
Thanks Harry! I sent to a couple places but not holding my breath

@gdecamp - Outstanding capture , if as you say that it is indeed a 100% legit shot then there could possibly be a lot of News teams queueing up to ""PURCHASE"" that shot .. strike while the iron is hot it could turn out to be a nicer little earner ...

Harry.G
It is! We will see but not holding my breath was happy to get it and share!

That’s an amazing two shot sequence…I agree, I’d be contacting some news agencies!
I tried CNN but couldn't get anywhere. Uploaded to ABC. If they use it great but I'm not going to go crazy. Put them (and 2 more) on my Facebook. Thanks for the kudos!

I heard about 12 miles then it's international waters so inside 12 miles maybe!
The Convention on the High Seas was used as a foundation for the United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), signed in 1982, which recognized exclusive economic zones extending 200 nautical miles (230 mi; 370 km) from the baseline, where coastal states have sovereign rights to the water column and sea floor as well as the natural resources found there. Freedom of navigation for air navigation is beyond 12 miles.

Last edited:
The video clip I saw in the UK press was a dud balloon in its poor quality, excuse the pun.

I would suggest submit your great sequence to the Guardian, UK

The thought occurred.... this incident is the ideal example of why the Precapture feature can be essential in a Pro ILC. Your example will probably result in a new flurry of orders for the 800 PF :D

Last edited:
The video clip I saw in the UK press was a dud balloon in its poor quality, excuse the pun.

I would suggest submit your great sequence to the Guardian, UK

The thought occurred.... this incident is the ideal example of why the Precapture feature can be essential in a Pro ILC. Your example will probably result in a new flurry of orders for the 800 PF :D
Was this shot a result of pre capture?

Back