Christmas Tree - Worms

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
They are called Christmas Tree Worms for pretty obvious reasons once you see them. They are small at less then 2cm/0.75in. What you are looking at is tthe feeding end of a smallworm whose body is burrowed into the coral beneath what you see. They are usually quite shallow so more often seen while snorkeling than diving. The little AW100 and AW110 were great macro cameras for snorkeling and very shallow diving.

ChristmasTrees01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

ChristmasTrees02.jpg

ChristmasTrees03.jpg

ChristmasTrees04.jpg

I used to snorkel a lot when I was stationed in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, and also on Okinawa. I may have seen some of them, but I do not remember them. I will make a point to look for them if I get into the water again. These are beautiful creatures and I really enjoy your photos of them.

Reactions: JAS
I used to snorkel a lot when I was stationed in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, and also on Okinawa. I may have seen some of them, but I do not remember them. I will make a point to look for them if I get into the water again. These are beautiful creatures and I really enjoy your photos of them.
Thank you. I do miss diving and snorkeling but at least I have my memories and photos to remind me of the good times and good dive buddies. I do post a few underwater photos every now and then as I "clean up" my catalog.

Your images bring back more memories. I, too, enjoyed seeing these little guys! The colors and diversity of the under sea world is amazing!

Reactions: JAS
Your images bring back more memories. I, too, enjoyed seeing these little guys! The colors and diversity of the under sea world is amazing!
Thank you. There. Will be posts every now and then. One of my projects is to compile a photobook of underwater images to prient and share online.

Back