Cicada Emergence

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I just returned from Costa Rica and I think I found a new photography interest!!! We went on a night hike with a family friend who is also a local guide who specializes in nighttime jungle hikes... Wow what cool stuff we found (the coolest was an Ocelot which was to far, to fast, to dark for a photo but I saw it clear as day, dream encounter right there)... Eye Lash viper was a snake I really wanted to see, tarantula too... I photographed both and more. I'm not at ALL an experienced macro photographer or a night photographer either (first time for night photos beyond some Milky Way stuff I've done in the past) and I have a lot to learn. In the process we came across this emerging cicada and I was able to make this shot happen. I can see a lot I should have done differently, and it makes me want to get back out there!

Emergence.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back