Cleaning Product for Epson R2400

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've had this printer since it's release, so I realize it's dated but it's still going strong and producing great prints except...I am having to run cleaning cycles more frequently lately. I've seen products like Magic Bullet that allow cleaning without removing the printhead, and I am curious as to how effective these are. Also there's a bunch of them on Amazon...are they all the same or are some better than others.
Thanks all!

At one time, I owned 5 epson 4900 printers. Windex soaked paper towels under the printhead where what I used. There are flushing fluids that can be run through the system via aftermarket refillable carts.

Over 3 - 4 years, I spent a small fortune on Piezo flush, refillable carts and ink without any long term success permenantly clearing clogs in Epson 4900's. Believe me, I tried every method possible including ultrasonic. I finally ditched the Epsons and went to HP Z 3200 printers with replaceable heads. The HP's have their own issues, but they are more user friendly and repairable. I had mine apart so many times I could field-strip it blind folded.

Thank you! I'll have to do some research,but I'm really tying to avoid having to replace this one. It's been relatively trouble-free since I go it.

Back