Cold front coming

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Oosty

Buffelsbaai (Buffalo Bay) near Knysna, in the Southern Cape, South Africa is a small peninsula which on the eastern side protects a sheltered, gently shelving beach from the westerly winds that bring stormy weather to our part of the country in winter. The western side is known locally as the "wild side". This shot of a cold front approaching was taken on the wild side looking west. D200 and 18-35 3.5D IF ED at 35mm in 2009 . Processed with DxO PL4 and PSE 12
Buffels beach winter bcg.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Very nice Oosty, do like these type of images. Great capture. Like the composition with the beach and main emphasis of the rolling cloud on the right third

Last edited:
Very nice Oosty, do like these type of images. Great capture. Like the composition with the beach and main emphasis of the rolling cloud on the right third
Thanks for the comments - there's a lot of processing in an attempt to get to a "moody" image but the original was the worst of all worlds pale sky, no definition and a "meh" sea. I saw an article in "Capture Landscapes" blog on getting a moody finish in Lr and PS, which I don't have so I played and this is one of sevral outcomes. My wife liked it until I showed her the bland original at which she changed her tune - "Why photoshop?".

Back