Color Pallet of Winter

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I find all seasons have their own unique beauty, winter included. Gone are the vibrant flowers, greens and colorful butterflies of summer. However, the subtle browns, whites, grays, blacks of winter offer ample opportunity to capture nature's beauty. I find winter an opportunity for more "minimalist" style of photography where the light, textures and shapes are more important Thant he vibrancy of colors. There is always something beautiful to capture while out in nature.
_T3A2301.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
_T3A2311.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I like both these. Very much in fact.
Thank you. Wish I had my 100mm Macro lens with me when I shot these. Next time out, I'll bring it. I had a 16mm lens and the 100-500 with me because I had been shooting fall colors and Whitetail Deer rut the past few weeks. The 100-500 is excellent for close focus but the macro lens is the one I prefer for this type of shot.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. I really do like the colors and textures this time of year.

Nicely captured and presented! Milkweed Pods and Queen Anne's Lace are favorites from spring thru fall as they cahnge with the seasons.

Nicely captured and presented! Milkweed Pods and Queen Anne's Lace are favorites from spring thru fall as they cahnge with the seasons.
I love them both too. I like the milkweed bugs, milkweed beetles and butterflies that hang out on the milkweed plants during summer and how they transition the seed pods in fall and winter. Queen Anne's Lace likewise. Such interesting flowers. Black Swallowtail caterpillars seem fond of them in mid summer. I like in winter when little puffs of snow get tangled up in the dried QA Lace flowers. There is always something beautiful to photograph. Guess it's why I so much enjoy being out with my camera.

Back