If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhD69

Supporting Member
Marketplace
BCG-094.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Brazil - Pantanal - Neotropic cormorant - Phalacrocorax brasilianus - Cormoran vigua

Now that's a mouth full. Nice image, Phillipe. The water adds a lot. IMO water texture/color can make or break a shot.
I couldn't agree more Dan.
I've tested multiple framings.
Of course, focusing on the bird and the fish appears to be logical, as they concentrate the action.
But it simply doesn't work.
Something's missing...what surround them : water.
And as it's not that bad, adding it to the scene make the whole working properly ;)

Philippe, an awesome and unique shot! I remember your other shot of this same bird which is my favorite of your images I have seen on this forum!

Great shot and I hope it got it down OK! This reminds me of a photo that I took many years ago. I found a large mouth bass dead at the edge of our pond with a Crappie hanging half way out of its mouth. The Bass was about 5 pounds and the Crappie was enourmous (maybe a pound or more) and the Bass was unable to swallow it!

Very nice shot Philippe, its amazing to watch the flip and manipulate the position of the fish to get it to go down their throat properly.