Cormorant with a trout and a Mallard

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DanG

Wish I had a series to present but the battle was a bit distant. An Osprey dove and tried for a trout, but lost it to a Cormorant who was quicker when it counted. Heavily cropped image.

1648940006904.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

1648940067417.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

From the title I expected to see a corm trying to eat a trout and mallard at the same time :oops: I mean they are voracious eaters. Great action in the first shot and nice bif of the mallard. Love the water drops on his breast.

Nice shots especially the size of fish. Never been lucky catching a large feed yet. Maybe Ill get a titmouse gulping down a bluebird or something to make up for it. Great job here,

From the title I expected to see a corm trying to eat a trout and mallard at the same time :oops: I mean they are voracious eaters. Great action in the first shot and nice bif of the mallard. Love the water drops on his breast.
Thanks Dan. I think about the comparison of the way the Osprey would’ve feasted slowly and methodically and then sharing . Then I saw the Cormorant swallow it whole with his buddy hungry and watching. Different strokes for different species.

Back