Costa Rica - testing the new Z 28-400mm lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My wife got the new Z 28-400mm lens the day before our Costa Rica trip. She was pretty happy with the performance of the lens, she got many keepers.
We had her Z50 with that lens at the swimming pool one day (I was too lazy to carry the heavier Z8/500mm PF combo to the pool, so I took her rig with).

Caracaras hanging out in the trees next to the pool. The lens did not disappoint.

Z50_5836-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Z50_5466-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great captures! I am planning to pick one up soon too. I expect to mostly use it on my Z6 for walk around stuff, grandkids soccer games, etc. Looks like it will do just fine.

Koos, great companions for the pool side!
Thanks, Callie. I've wanted to get images of these guys for a long time. We don't have them here in Canada and we have to travel far south to see them. Pity I didn't have my main gear with me - it somehow feels not quite right when I shoot with loaned equipment. :)

Thanks, Callie. I've wanted to get images of these guys for a long time. We don't have them here in Canada and we have to travel far south to see them. Pity I didn't have my main gear with me - it somehow feels not quite right when I shoot with loaned equipment. :)
Koos, Sometimes, you just have to make a plan to get the right gear to the new spot! But it is an awesome place, if think about 1800 bird species vs about 900 here!

Koos, Sometimes, you just have to make a plan to get the right gear to the new spot! But it is an awesome place, if think about 1800 bird species vs about 900 here!
Yeah, I use the Z8, the wife has a Z50. I used my Z8 and its lenses throughout the week in Costa Rica, except for that day at the pool. That was when I assumed nothing exciting would show at the pool so I carried the Z50 with its new lens instead. I did want to test the lens for myself, and these birds provided an excellent opportunity for that.

Yeah, I use the Z8, the wife has a Z50. I used my Z8 and its lenses throughout the week in Costa Rica, except for that day at the pool. That was when I assumed nothing exciting would show at the pool so I carried the Z50 with its new lens instead. I did want to test the lens for myself, and these birds provided an excellent opportunity for that.
I will stay with the DSRL's I have . They are way to expensive here. I can go for 5-6 trips to Kgalagadi and then I may be too old to carry a large lens! 😇

Back