Coyote at Saguaro NP

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MrFotoFool

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Taken this morning just after sunrise at Saguaro National Park West (Arizona, USA). Saguaro National Park consists of two physically distinct districts on opposite sides of Tucson. If you ever visit and you only have time for one, do west.

copyright HOOD 31648.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

It was definitely aware of me - they are very skittish (but common - that same afternoon I saw one in the parking lot of my condominium). I saw it crossing a dirt road at at trot then watched it go into the scrub while firing away. Of roughly half a dozen photos, this is the only one that came out. I was using my new Nikon 80-400 f4.5-5.6 VR lens, with which I am quite pleased. Much easier to carry around than the Sony 200-600 that I gave up for this (and much more enjoyable to use my Nikon D850 with all lenses instead of having a two system setup).

It was definitely aware of me - they are very skittish (but common - that same afternoon I saw one in the parking lot of my condominium). I saw it crossing a dirt road at at trot then watched it go into the scrub while firing away. Of roughly half a dozen photos, this is the only one that came out. I was using my new Nikon 80-400 f4.5-5.6 VR lens, with which I am quite pleased. Much easier to carry around than the Sony 200-600 that I gave up for this (and much more enjoyable to use my Nikon D850 with all lenses instead of having a two system setup).
I used the newest version of the AF-S 80-400 on my D850 for several years as backup to my D5+ 600mm. I liked the 80-400 a great deal and never hesitated to grab it when the opportunity arose.

Back