Crow

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Recently in a "Drinks with Steve" session the question was asked, Do you prefer to get an average photo of a rare species or a good photo (or, in the case of Steve, an exceptional shot) of a common species? Steve's answer was that it was better to capture a great image of a common one.
Here is my attempt at the latter with a short sequence of the humble American Crow. While very common, they are actually anything but an ordinary bird. The more that you learn about them, the more you are amazed.
Crow.1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Crow.2.jpg
Crow.3.jpg
Crow.4.jpg

Fun pictures, Todd! People sometimes wonder why I bother taking pictures of Canada geese, which are incredibly common in our area. Some people consider them a nuisance. Others think they are obnoxious. I wonder if these people have ever really taken the time to watch them care for their young, fly in huge formations, skim along the water, do some interesting aerobatics, or just glide gracefully across the water. Common beauty is just as wonderfull as rare beauty, in my book.

Fun pictures, Todd! People sometimes wonder why I bother taking pictures of Canada geese, which are incredibly common in our area. Some people consider them a nuisance. Others think they are obnoxious. I wonder if these people have ever really taken the time to watch them care for their young, fly in huge formations, skim along the water, do some interesting aerobatics, or just glide gracefully across the water. Common beauty is just as wonderfull as rare beauty, in my book.
I couldn't agree more. Canada geese are one of those birds that people don't even see because they are so common. But they are full of grace and wonder. While they live among us, they remain steadfastly wild. They barely interact with humans and generally ignore us unless we get in their space. Something to admire.

Back