D500 — Problem Customizing Pv button

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I am watching Steve's video on the D500 (thanks, Steve!) and the very first customization he does is to customize the Pv button. When I go to the f1 section, the Pv button says OFF, and when I select it, it says None. I've not had any trouble customizing my Nikon cameras (D7500, D500) in the past but after searching the internet, I cannot find how to turn the Pv button on. What am I missing? I am reluctant to post such a basic question but I'm stumped.

A couple of simple things. NONE is sometimes the last item in the options list and the list may not wrap, so you can't arrow down, you have to arrow up to the other options. I also believe that the PV button and the PV+Wheel have some limitations, if you select some functions on one it will turn the other to OFF/NONE.

A couple of simple things. NONE is sometimes the last item in the options list and the list may not wrap, so you can't arrow down, you have to arrow up to the other options. I also believe that the PV button and the PV+Wheel have some limitations, if you select some functions on one it will turn the other to OFF/NONE.
OMG! I knew I was missing something. Thank you for providing the answer!
I recently bought the Canon R5 and have been using that exclusively for the past couple of months. Going back to the D500 feels like it's completely new. Guess I'll need to get up to speed with switching between cameras.
Thanks, again

Back