Date and Time on Photo?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I think I know the answer already but i can't seem to see a way to cause photos taken with my Nikon D500 to show the date/time on the final file. I have a limited need to document that data on some shots. My D500 book does not talk about that. Is it possible?

In the Set Up menu you enter Date and Time info. It gets embedded into the file. It does not get shown on the front of the image, See your D 500 manual page 304.

You want it displayed on the output image? There are some plugins for various picture editors that can do this.

So, your D500, and all cameras have time and date settings. You need to set them in camera before you shoot. Then, on every shot, they will be stored in metadata (EXIF). I personally use it to rename my files. But I've seen some tools that will write this EXIF information onto the file. So, do some google searches on how to display metadata for exported images with your photo editor.

I figured out a way to date/time photos to email, etc by opening the file in Lightroom by opening the file and its date/time will show in the upper lefthand corner then hitting Command/Shift/4 then dragging the part of the image I want with the mouse then opening that image and saving it however I want. Done deal. Thought I'd share.

Back