Date anomaly

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi all
I am posting on behalf of my husband who has a z9. The problem is the date keeps changing to August 2043. He has changed it back a number of times but as soon as he turns it off it reverts back to 2043. Any suggestions?

If you can rule out your husband time traveling to 2043 and leaving his GPS on, then I'd check for firmware updates. :)

If firmware doesn't solve it, you'll probably have to contact Nikon. However, in the mean time if it's happening with GPS on, you can turn off the Set Clock From Satellite option under the Setup Menu > Location data.

If that is off, you can save your settings (under the Setup Menu > Save/Load settings), reset the camera (still under the setup menu, towards the bottom), and then reload your settings. It doesn't seem like it should work, but often a reset and restore can fix weird issues like that. As long as you save the settings, it really only takes a minute or two to try.

Thanks Steve and others.
He has turned off the GPS and it has fixed the problem. He might try when we get home to sort it out properly as we are in Fiordland at the bottom of New Zealand which is fairly remote but has lots of bird life

Thanks Steve and others.
He has turned off the GPS and it has fixed the problem. He might try when we get home to sort it out properly as we are in Fiordland at the bottom of New Zealand which is fairly remote but has lots of bird life

Have a great time. Love to see some photos when you get back.

Back