Date & time reset after Z9 5.00 firmware update

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jcgamble

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My date and time reset to November 3, 2043 after installing the update firmware. I did it twice as required and my date and time are linked to my GPS, which is on the all the time. I did a manual reset of date and time and it seems to be holding.

My date and time reset to November 3, 2043 after installing the update firmware. I did it twice as required and my date and time are linked to my GPS, which is on the all the time. I did a manual reset of date and time and it seems to be holding.
So you’re saying the time reset to that after the update? Did you have get time from gps on before and it was correct before? There is a gps bug that would read the date/time incorrectly. I think this firmware actually fixes that bug so it’s interesting if you didn’t suffer it before. When you set it manually, do you still have time set from gps? After doing that mine seems to be working now.

I loaded v5 last night and checked the date and time this morning. The day or the date had changed but truth be told I might have set it wrong previously. In either event. I’m glad I checked it, thanks.

So you’re saying the time reset to that after the update? Did you have get time from gps on before and it was correct before? There is a gps bug that would read the date/time incorrectly. I think this firmware actually fixes that bug so it’s interesting if you didn’t suffer it before. When you set it manually, do you still have time set from gps? After doing that mine seems to be working now.
It was one day after the update. Always got the time from the GPS in the camera before and it was always correct. Yes it was and still is set the gps after I manually reset the time and date.

It was one day after the update. Always got the time from the GPS in the camera before and it was always correct. Yes it was and still is set the gps after I manually reset the time and date.
I find it interesting you didn’t have the issue before the update but did afterwards. I had it before the last few updates. So far mine is holding the right time since the manual reset of the time. Hopefully it continues.

Did you complete the the second update (the one for the GNSS module)?

I had daylight savings time off and had to turn it on has been working since then.

Back