Dawn on the Atlantic Ocean's infamous Cape

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A bad, bad windy weekend in Cape Town rendered one morning with a lovely light, before a 40 km/h wind made me leave. The beach and sky from Kleinbaai, with Table Mountain wearing it cloak.
Shot this past weekend, two D850 images merged vertical to to get more into the canvass.

03320W D850 3049.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Nicely done. I believe infamous refers to its danger to ships (storms and rough tides). However, whenever I see the word infamous I can't help but think of this. :D

Wonderful and skillful capture, processing and presentation! It is nice when this info is shared. It helps others think of how to better do their own photography.

Wow, I really like this one Callie,
Good thing you captured this before being blown away.
Gavin
Thanks, Gavin - I love Bloubergstrand and the ever changing scenes it magics up.
Wonderful and skillful capture, processing and presentation! It is nice when this info is shared. It helps others think of how to better do their own photography.
Thanks, Joe. It is a shooting technique I have been using for quite some time. It allows me a WA view that is not really WA if I use longer focal lengths.

A bad, bad windy weekend in Cape Town rendered one morning with a lovely light, before a 40 km/h wind made me leave. The beach and sky from Kleinbaai, with Table Mountain wearing it cloak.
Shot this past weekend, two D850 images merged vertical to to get more into the canvass.

View attachment 86249
Callie, I love the way the clouds are moving over the mountains and the reflections in the water. Beautiful colors!
--Kenny

Back